We are a volunteer organization and are always looking for and in need of new volunteers. Whatever you love to do, we can use your help. There are many ways you can get involved and make a difference. We need assistance with fundraising ideas and implementation, transporting, fostering, researching new rescues to work with us, sharing our social media posts with your friends and family, coming to HASRA to help with our daily work, or just coming to sit and spend time with the babies here. We are also open to new ideas and would love to hear them.
Ways to Help in Volunteering
Volunteer with HASRA!
- Volunteer at HASRA
- Transport dogs to vet appointments
- Enrich a dog’s life at the shelter- come in and play with them, take them for a walk, teach them to sit, shake, lie down.
- Invite a dog for a sleepover to give them a break from shelter life.
- Community Outreach
- Check vet references
- Help on transport days
- Volunteer at our HASRA with the daily care of our dogs.
- Transport dogs to their vet appointments locally.
- Transport dogs to rescues in and out of state.
- Grant Writing
Steps on how to become a volunteer:
Please go to our Facebook Page
Press the Like button and send us a detailed Message.